Re: trying to find the right package for the Nexus 4 earpiece bug

On ĵaŭ, 2014-05-29 at 01:39 -0600, Selene Scriven wrote:
> I normally use some noise isolation style earbuds with a built-in
> attenuator.  This style of headphone normally requires turning
> the volume almost all the way down, since it needs only a small
> amount of current to sound very very loud...

On a related note, a comfortable volume for my earphones is around
10-20%, while for speakers is more like 70%.

On previous images (maybe back in trusty), it seemed that volume was
remembered separately for headphones and speakers. So, if I plugged in
my earphones the volume would change back to 10-20%, rather than
deafening me, and then change back when I unplugged them.

This doesn't seem to happen anymore, and I keep end up leaving the
volume low after using my earphones, and then not being able to hear the
phone ring, or forgetting to turn it back down when I plug the earphones
back in.