Re: Acceptance testing in a sustainable manner

Just a quick update to say this is still a priority for me to see fixed :-)

After some good discussion in Malta, we are pursuing Martin's idea of using autopkg to provide a proper solution to this problem. The idea requires at least a few things:

Modifications to the click manifest (or perhaps a standard separate file) to specify dependencies for the tests
An adb runner for adt
Modifications to autopkg to allow it to read and understand clicks (pull depends from them, provision them, etc)

Hopefully the use of autopkg will solve things for everyone's workflow; CI, app developer, test author, etc. I'm cautiously optimistic about being able to solve the problem. Thanks to everyone who's provided input and help.

Cheers,

Nicholas