Re: Renaming to: Ubuntu App Launch

Am 22.05.2014 18:13, schrieb Ted Gould:
> Hello Folks,
>
> Upstart App Launch is dead, long live Ubuntu App Launch!
>
> We've discussed it before and I've got a MR ready for UAL to make the
> naming change so that we're ready to move away from Upstart as our
> Init system. I'd like to work with folks on running sed through their
> code and landing this change next week. If you've got a test script or
> something that is dependent on the name "upstart-app-launch" please be
> prepared to change. In theory, we should be able to do it in one silo
> and folks shouldn't notice, I'm just worried about dependencies that
> are external to debs or not mentioned. If you have a dependency that
> you know of that I'm unlikely to find, please mention it.
>
> If for some reason this seriously effects you in a negative way,
> please speak up now!
>
> Thanks,
> Ted

Hi Ted,

will all images receive a update with the new name?
Because the SDK uploads a script to the phone that uses the Python API
as we discussed
before.
I just need to be aware of that, so I can change my python script to
fallback to the old
name in case its a older image by catching the import exception.

Thanks,
Benjamin