Re: Renaming to: Ubuntu App Launch

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 2:47 AM, Benjamin Zeller
<benjamin.zeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> will all images receive a update with the new name?
> Because the SDK uploads a script to the phone that uses the Python API as we
> discussed
> before.
> I just need to be aware of that, so I can change my python script to
> fallback to the old
> name in case its a older image by catching the import exception.

I can assure you that this change will not be backported to older
images, it only appears in utopic 65 (coming soon!) and upwards. If
you need to simultaneously support multiple versions of images, you'll
need to write a fallback on the old name for sure.