Re: split() method failure with Qt5.3

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Olivier Tilloy <
olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There hasn’t been any visible progress on
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39289 in the past 5 days,
> except that it has been confirmed.
>
> So until it’s properly fixed upstream, I resorted to workarounds in
> webbrowser-app. I used String.match() instead of String.split() as
> suggested by Zoltán, and I wrote a custom implementation of
> String.replace().
> For those interested, the code is there:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~osomon/webbrowser-app/qt53-workaround-QTBUG-39255/+merge/220985
> .
> Please note that these are temporary workarounds that should disappear
> ASAP, patching every single application is not the way to go.

A quick followup: the Qt bug was fixed upstream, and Timo integrated the
patch in silo 5. This now renders the above workaround useless
(successfully verified with webbrowser-app now rebuilt in silo 5, hopefully
true for all other applications that use String.split() and
String.replace() with REs).

Cheers,

 Olivier