Re: Bad voice call quality on Nexus 4 (old modem firmware)

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Rodney Dawes
<rodney.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 11:26 -0300, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo wrote:
>> Unfortunately we're unable to automatically push such updates to our
>> users as we're not able to distribute such binaries, so that's why you
>> need to manually update them.
>
> Can we not do some wget/shasum magic to download the firmware from the
> Google site, and then flash it to the phone, similar to how we install
> Adobe Flash (we don't actually distribute the binary, but just wget it
> in the dpkg install scripts)?

We can, we discussed while back to include this as part of
ubuntu-device-flash, we just didn't get anyone to do it at that time
(mostly because this is the first time we had an issue with an older
firmware).

We'll evaluate once Sergio is back.

Thanks,
--