Landing team 10.06.14

Hello everyone,

As today is a the first day of the Ubuntu Online Summit, there was not
much movement in the world of touch landings. Because of the many
question marks regarding current image quality no new image promotion
happening. The main 'issue' is tracked by a master bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-greeter-session-broadcast/+bug/1328187

It has been filled in to better track the many issues we have regarded
to the new greeter. Some of them might be design-related. We will update
it with links to all the other bugs mentioned inside as soon as possible.

We have also updated our list of issues, pushing on decreasing the test
failures and smoketesting crashes we have on the board. Let's at least
try getting back to last-promoted-image quality before releasing a new
image to the stable channel.

We would like to ask developers to check out smoketesting results for
images or at least read the list below and help out with dealing with
the problems encountered. Remember! After 7-work-days an issue mentioned
is not fixed, it automatically becomes an additional promotion blocker
and essentially blocks landings for the given component. And we probably
don't want that happening!

On another note: due to UOS, the landing team US timezone landing
meeting has been temporarily canceled. Those will resume from Friday.

In the meantime - the list as always:

* Package changes:
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/76.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#76 Mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/76:20140610:20140530/8503/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Known issues:

** Pictures taken with flash are almost completely black (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121
 -> Camera-app might be rewritten soon

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** File manager test problems (Leo, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1235060
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1256856
[Time counter: 5/7]
 -> Test failures being analyzed, hard to reproduce - developer help
might be required

** Failing ubuntu-system-settings *tz* tests
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1319711
[Time counter: 5/7]
 -> Does not happen recently - still ticking the clock, but if it
doesn't appear again in the nearest 2 days, we remove it from the list

** Address-book-app autopilot failures (Julien, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/address-book-app/+bug/1328158
[Time counter: 2/7]
 -> Test failures non-reproducible locally so it seems to be an
autopilot problem

** Autopilot failures in webbrowser-app during smoketesting runs since
image #72 (Julien, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1328605
[Time counter 1/7]
 -> Test failures non-reproducible locally so it seems to be an
autopilot problem

** test_add_recurring_type_alarm_must_add_to_alarm_list(weekday) failed
on mako, utopic#75 (Leo, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1328209
[Time counter 1/7]
 -> Leo has this on his radar

** test_fake_home_fixture_must_copy_xauthority fails to create file on
mako (Leo, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1326072
 -> Fix commited, waiting for release

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 1/7]
 -> Known crash since a long time, hard to debug but already present
since around a month...

Thanks!

Best regards,

--