split greeter revert

Hi all,
A couple of weeks ago we landed what we refer to as the "split greeter".
"Split greeter" was in effect removing or "splitting" out the greeter from
the unity8 shell process and into it's own process. This feature is needed
for disk encryption, as well as secure multi-user support.

After landing we've identified a handful of knock-on problems, mostly
around synchronization, listed here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-greeter-session-broadcast/+bug/1328187
as well as a large increase in memory consumption.

However based on some discussions across engineering teams & product
management, its been resolved this isn't a requirement in the RTM time
frame and we feel that its best to revert this feature in order to rethink
the architecture in order to better address the issues we've revealed in
our first attempt to deliver this feature, post RTM.

I'll send another mail out when we've got the revert up in a silo for
testing.
br,kg

Follow ups