[Q] Building UbuntuTouch phablet-4.4/CM-11.0

Hi guys,
I am currently in the progress of porting UbuntuTouch to the Sony Xperia Z
Ultra(togari), but I have a few issues, mostly because the things are
unclear to me. I tried to build with phablet-4.4 with the device and kernel
repositorys from CyanogenMod, but I can't get it to build,  because there
is no makefile. I set up all the makefiles following each and every advice
I could find on Xda or the Ubuntu wiki with no avail. That's why I wonder
whether there could be a problem with CM and the Aosp based phablet tree.
Is there something AOSP and CM are doing different?  also it would be super
cool if someone updated the wiki, it feels like everything is still the
same as last year in February.
Best regards and thanks in advance,
Lars Christian