Re: Background services: a problem that we need to face

Am 25.06.2014 15:19, schrieb Jamie Strandboge:
> On 06/25/2014 08:00 AM, Rasmus Eneman wrote:
>> And media hub have a Spotify backend,  right? And Grooveshark?
>>
> I'm not sure about Spotify, but Grooveshark is opened in the browser (which uses
> oxide under the hood). We are currently working on integrating oxide with
> media-hub, so this will work fine for the browser, webapps, or anything that
> uses Oxide or UbuntuWebView >=0.2 when the feature lands. This will also be true
> of cordava/html5-container apps when they start to use oxide (though I'm not
> sure on the status of that work)
Grooveshark also seems to have a public json API one could use directly in
a native app. After looking over it a bit, a client needs to be able to
send messages to the server after 30sec of playing and at the end of the
song.
Which means just receiving and playing the stream isn't enough.