Re: Background services: a problem that we need to face

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 15:31 -0300, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> Apps that implement these services must declare the services they support
> and use system frameworks to implement the relevant aspects of those
> services.

This doesn't mean that Apple provides a system background process to
read the data and log it where the app wants to log it, though. It means
the app can continue running indefinitely.

I'm not sure what "use system frameworks" means exactly here though, as
I can't immediately think of how one would write an iOS app that
monitors a stream of data from a bluetooth device, without using the
system bluetooth/serial APIs. It is not clear from the long-running
process docs there, what "system framework" means exactly in that
context.