Re: Programmatically unlocking Unity for testing

Martin Pitt [2014-07-02 17:16 +0200]:
> So I think there ought to be a simple way (D-BUS call, flag file,
> etc.) to either disable the greeter (and then have to restart unity),
> or unlock it with a D-BUS call (not a security issue, you are already
> logged into the device anyway).

I filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1337188 about that, as
it's a real blocker for running tests on the phone in a sensible and
robust way.

I tried to muck around with /usr/share/unity8/Shell.qml, but pretty
much the only thing that has an effect is setting "shown: false" in
Greeter { }, but that disables the entire Unity desktop, not just the
"lock screen" part of the greeter (which is different from
"Lockscreen {}").

Thanks,

Martin