Re: Persisting cookies in Oxide

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Olivier Tilloy <olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There’s not code readily available in oxide to import QtWebKit cookies, but I guess you could write some if you really need to. QtWebKit stores its cookies under $dataLocation/.QtWebKit/cookies.db, in an sqlite database.

Thanks. I hadn't thought to look for a hidden directory inside the hidden path.

It seems to work, even though sessionCookieMode is set to SessionCookieModeEphemeral. Is this expected? Should I change it to Persistent to be safe in the future?

See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/content/public/browser/cookie_store_factory.h&q=SessionCookieMode&sq=package:chromium&l=42 for an explanation of what the various values for SessionCookieMode mean.

Or I could just realize that "SessionCookieMode" probably has something to do with session cookies, which these cookies aren't. This is easier to do now that I'm awake.

I don't know if this is relevant to my issue, but I get these messages on the console, regardless of whether I'm setting the WebContext properties:
Cannot set WebContext.sessionCookieMode once the context is in use
Cannot set WebContext.dataPath once the context is in use
I have no idea what code is causing this, but I'm pretty sure it's not anything I'm doing.

That looks similar to https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1324855, the fact that you’re not using Ubuntu.Web seems to suggest the issue is in oxide itself, would you mind commenting on the bug report to explain how beru is also affected?

It turns out that this is caused by another Page, which has an Ubuntu.Components.Extra.Browser(0.2).UbuntuWebView in it, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the same as Ubuntu.Web.WebView.

Thanks for the help,
Robert