old bug round-up

It has been a while since I re-checked a lot of our phone bugs,
so I tested them on image Utopic 140.  Here are the results, in
no particular order:

New bugs:

  - None of the indicator settings menu items actually launch
    their respective settings app.  For example, "Clock indicator
    -> Time & Date Settings" simply vibrates and does nothing.
    Same with all others at the moment.  This is new within the
    past few days though.

  - After tapping the power button to turn the screen on, I got
    the dialog for "are you sure you would like to turn the power
    off?".  Happened three times out of about fifty.
    Additionally, this dialog isn't always brought up by holding
    the button, so it will sometimes just power off without ever
    asking.

  - I tend to get Unity crashes after using the Gallery app.

  - The notes app doesn't scroll when the cursor falls off the
    bottom of the screen during text entry.

Fixed:

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1324580 :
    alarm will only ring for a minute and stop whether or not the
    user interacted with it

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/messaging-app/+bug/1340953 :
    tapping a URL no longer opens the browser

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1217978
    : Need a way to manage Wifi Access Points

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1309162
    / https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1322608 : Unity8
    crash(es)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-scope-click/+bug/1320920
    : Apps scope sort order is confusing

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1302761
    : Wrong icon when dragging items in the launcher

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1292420 : headset
    mic ignored during calls

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1290198 :
    'back' menu in updates hides update policy widget

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts/+bug/1273781
    : If you open the accounts page in the settings app and close
    it you can't reopen it

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1239432 : Music
    fails to mute on incoming/outgoing calls

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtorganizer5-eds/+bug/1283236
    : Alarms are triggered in UTC tz despite saving in local tz

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1283212 :
    Unable to edit single type alarms and update them (fixed but
    sort of broken again due to a new crash when trying to access
    defined alarms)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1285958 :
    Recurring alarm can't be set for sunday

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu-sensors/+bug/1286150
    : Rotating detection is very sensitive

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-scope-click/+bug/1326694
    : Can't un-install clicks #65 mako - missing uninstall button

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-location/+bug/1248973 :
    The location and gps check box don't stay checked

  - The bottom part of a scope search couldn't be accessed when
    the keyboard was onscreen (fixed by hiding the OSK and
    de-focusing the search entry whenever the user touches or
    scrolls the scope)

Improved but not totally fixed:

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-sound/+bug/1306499 :
    Sound indicator is laggy

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1308371 : can't
    add new contacts in dialer-app -> Contacts

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-network/+bug/1276218 :
    Cancelling a WiFi password dialog turns WiFi off and leaves
    the network checked in the list

Won't fix:  (?)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1283304 : [greeter]
    welcome screen requires explaining (and in general, we don't
    really explain some of our more unique UI concepts)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1288549 : welcome
    tutorial omits switching/closing apps

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1308368 : snap decisions
    can pop up under the onscreen keyboard

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1288548 : can drag
    from all four edges simultaneously (awkward and kind of
    nifty, but not really a bug)

Not fixed:

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/mediascanner/+bug/1342288 :
    mediascanner ignoring media files on first boot (when the
    permissions were root, it fails and doesn't try to re-scan
    after permissions are fixed)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1309057 :
    Clock app crashes when trying to access a saved alarm

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1341434 : videos
    tend to lock up or crash the gallery app

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1289160 :
    gallery-app: Can't zoom out after zooming in (via un-pinch)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1307235 : needs a
    way to organize by directory / asciibetical

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-keyboard/+bug/1321676 : OSK
    hides part of the window under it, doesn't resize or scroll
    app viewport (is marked invalid since it's the app's
    responsibility instead of the window manager, but some core
    apps still do it wrong)

    - For example, can't view the bottom of notes longer than the
      area above the keyboard, unless the OSK isn't onscreen.

    - Also, pulling down an indicator with the OSK onscreen makes
      the indicator menu display under the OSK, so the user can't
      dismiss the menu without first dismissing the keyboard.

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1324168
    : Adding a feed is unintuitive

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/messaging-app/+bug/1321211
    / https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1321339
    : No contacts shown in dialer or messaging apps (can't add
    new contact from SMS app)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ofono/+bug/1321637
    : OFono should expose the timezone from the SIM (possibly
    invalid, similar feature on the radar)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1288552 : indicator
    menus cancel current scope activity

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1308365 :
    press-call-twice-to-redial doesn't work

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1288332
    : Orientation lock not available (rotation/portrait lock)

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1309727 :
    headphone button does not answer or hangup phone call

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1309731 /
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1231909 : headphone
    button does not play/pause music

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-network/+bug/1322490
    : Clicking on a connected network's checkbox disconnects &
    re-connects

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121 : pictures
    taken with flash are almost completely black

  - The wallpaper still can't be changed.

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1290201 : haptic
    feedback / vibration audible during calls

  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1309734 : music
    playing on headphones is played on speaker when phone rings

-- Selene

Follow ups