Re: System Apps Status - July 17, 2014

On lunes 21 de julio de 2014 10h'34:19 ART, Bill Filler wrote:

On 07/21/2014 03:09 AM, Tomas Öqvist wrote:
Hi Bill,

Ubuntu Touch is making great progress. I am using it as a daily driver on my Nexus 4 now, but there are a few areas where I haven't been able to find the current status and/or plans: 1) MMS is not working. I am able to send a picture through the messaging app and all looks fine on the phone, but it never reaches its recipient. We are waiting for support from the Phonedations team to land upload support to nuntium and ubuntu-download-manager. This is needed for MMS send to work, and I believe it should land this week sometime.

It's a valid bug that we are not correctly reporting failures on sent MMS messages. Bug tracked here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/messaging-app/+bug/1337597

It's in silo 13 right now; after this lands though, we need to fix the smil issue as well (bug #1342270). If your operator does not reject invalid smils and you send between two Ubuntu phones, it works fine with that silo.

I was going to work on error/success feedback and the smil issue with Tiago today.

Cheers
Sergio