Re: Landing team 29.07.14

* Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, finally we were able to get to a promotion today. Image
> #157 has been dogfooded and marked as a valid candidate, so we
> moved on an promoted it to the devel channel!

Awesome.  :)

It doesn't look like 159 will be a candidate though.  It can't
seem to run several apps, such as the camera, gallery, dropping
letters, calculator, and authenticator.  Also some issues with
alarms, online account settings, various crashes, and whoopsie.

I've noticed a few smaller issues too, most of which are old:

  - "Settings -> Accounts -> Back" once again leaves the base
    settings app in a state where it can't run the account
    settings app.

  - Can't seek in songs in the music app.

  - Calls can be accepted during the initial setup wizard, but
    the dialer isn't shown so the user can't hang up or change
    settings.

  - System still doesn't auto-detect time zone.

  - Password entry fields don't show the last character typed.

  - Alarms play at the same time as music, and the default sound
    is a bit quiet, so it might not even be heard.

  - Alarms don't turn the screen on.

  - Hitting "show" in an alarm snap-decision dialog simply opens
    the clock app, without going to the specific alarm or even
    the alarms tab.

  - "Departments" is an awkward way to say "Categories" in the
    app scope.

  - The user still can't tap to view full app preview images in
    the Click store.

  - Swiping sideways after hitting 'install' on an app cancels
    the install, but it should keep going.

  - Indicator menus still cancel the current scope activity.  For
    example, pull down the volume indicator while previewing a
    song in the music scope, and the song stops playing.

  - The volume indicator control is still jittery and a bit
    laggy.

  - One of my videos still fails to thumbnail (used to work, file
    hasn't changed, we used it as a demo video at MWC).

  - whoopsie-upload-all ran into an issue trying to collect crash
    info, on each file it touched:

    Collecting info for /var/crash/_usr_lib_arm-linux-gnueabihf_qt5_bin_qmlscene.32011.crash...
    ERROR: hook /usr/share/apport/general-hooks/generic.py crashed:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/report.py", line 197, in _run_hook
        symb['add_info'](report, ui)
      File "/usr/share/apport/general-hooks/generic.py", line 60, in add_info
        if not ui.yesno('''The crashed program seems to use third-party or local libraries:
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'yesno'

    ... and it looks like gdb core dumped while trying to extract
    info from the .crash files.

-- Selene