flipped image

Hello,
I've managed to follow the porting guide up to the point where I'm supposed
to use rootstock-touch-install.   So I have my boot.img, system.img, and
recovery.img along with the rootfs from cdimage.  I ran
rootstock-touch-install and rebooted and still ended up in cm-11 (which I
have installed previously).

Am I missing a step?  I did have an error with the rootstock-touch-install
script at the simg2img step but I modified the script to work (I think).
 It looks like this step shrinks the system.img file to 120 MB and then we
dump it in the lxc folder and it continues from there without problems.

I don't see where the script tells the device that now it needs to boot
into ubuntu instead of the android system.  I tried flashing the boot.img
to /boot with fastboot but I still end up in cm instead of ubuntu.

Once upon a time I would replace my /system with the compiled system and
have the rootfs in the /data/ubuntu folder and had a working (barely)
system but now we have "flipped" and I feel like I'm missing some
documentation somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Taylor