Re: Landing team 19.08.14

Hi!

W dniu 20.08.2014 o 17:40, Alexander Sack pisze:
>> This is still under investigation, we have a notification that isn't
>> rendered but already takes input. Really strange. Not as hopeful to have
>> something today but we are working at the highest priority. We will continue
>> to do so. Wondering if I can propose a white list for this bug wrt TRAINCON0
>> to get landings going knowing we will keep our priority high, thoughts?
>
> Have we identified the regression window? aka which landing caused this?
>
> We will branch off the our stable branch tomorrow latest (already two
> days delayed from the revisited original schedule as we wait for
> getting more things landed/fixed)! At best with all blockers fixed and
> a promoted image to get a clean and awesome branch point.
>
> Thanks!
>
>  - Alexander

So, regarding this it's one of those bugs that are REALLY hard to bisect
the very beginning of the issue. As per discussion with some people, the
thing is that the root cause of this very blocker might have been in our
images since long. The bug only started being visible after we enabled
PIN-locking of the phone, which was done quite recently.

The right people are looking into it right now, since most probably it
has to be dealt somehow from the Unity side, but we sadly cannot exactly
say when the broken bits landed in the archive. And reverting
PIN-locking itself is not possible at this point (and doesn't make much
sense). So not much more we can do in this situation than continuing
looking for a fix as we are doing now...

We will discuss what to do with this bug in regards promotion so that
it's resolved for tomorrow.

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 www.canonical.com