Re: A number of core and system apps can not be launched from the Apps scope

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Roberto Alsina
<roberto.alsina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 09/09/2014 08:30 PM, Victor Thompson wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I'm sending this message to the list, because I'm unable to determine
>> > where a
>> > bug I filed [1] should be properly assigned. It seems as though a number
>> > of apps
>> > can not be launched from the Apps scope on the recent devel-proposed
>> > images. A
>> > quick list I've generated include:
>> >
>> > Camera
>> > Calendar
>> > File Manager
>> > Gallery
>> > Music
>> > Terminal
>> >

>> Did you recently upgrade these via the Store? It seems that the old "I
>> can't
>> launch apps after upgrading them" bug is back. I've found that searching
>> for the
>> app and launching it from the search results makes everything right. I
>> imagine a
>> reboot would too.
>>

> Actually, ran into this yesterday and no, a reboot did not fix it, had to
> uninstall/reinstall.
> Discussed it with alecu yesterday.

I've proposed a branch to fix the bug:
https://code.launchpad.net/~alecu/ubuntu-system-settings/not-call-but-signal/+merge/234202
Tested the debs that jenkins built on mako with #235, and after
manually installing
com.ubuntu.developer.ralsina.hello_0.3.2_multi.click, and then
updating from system settings to the latest version in the store.
It seems to do the right thing now, since the app can be started after
the update.

The fix should land on the image in the next system-settings landing.

Finally, I've updated the system settings test plan so hopefully this
bug does not arise again:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/TestPlan/ubuntu-system-settings

cheers,
--