Re: Toolkit: preparing to remove dependency towards Unity.Actions

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Zsombor Egri <zsombor.egri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If your app is based only on toolkit's Action component and you are not
> importing/using Unity Actions at all, you can ignore this mail.
>
> Hello All,
>
> We are evaluating the removal of Unity Actions dependency from the toolkit.
> This would mean that the components used now by the toolkit will appear as
> components exported by the toolkit itself (i.e not from Unity.Actions).
> These components are:
> - Action (coming from Unity, not to be confused with toolkit's Action
> component)
> - ActionContext
> - ActionManager
>
> The API will be the same so no API break will happen, all you would need to
> do is to remove Unity.Actions import from your QML documents.
>
> Unity Actions API is pretty inactive nowadays, and toolkit is the only one
> so far using it - as far as we know. And we would like to remove an
> unnecessary dependency from it.

webbrowser-app is import and using Unity.Actions directly, instead of
the UITK-wrapped version.
But you’re not planning on deprecating Unity.Actions itself, are you?
webbrowser-app is a debian package, and it already has
qtdeclarative5-unity-action-plugin as a runtime dependency.