Landing team 12.09.14

Hi everyone,

There has been some visible progress today! We still didn't have time to
do everything needed for promotion, but from the preliminary dogfooding
of the krillin image #33 it seems most blocking issues are gone and we
should be in a promotion-ready state soon. #33 still didn't have the new
developer mode bits in it, which is what we would prefer to have - but
those landed in #34.

We will then re-visit a promotion possibility on Monday. Fingers crossed o/

There have been many important landings happening in the recent days.
The newest images have a new Mir (enabling overlay again) and
Unity8/QtMir, not to mention all the other important changes. Let's hope
we can get our first official ubuntu-rtm promoted at the start of next week.

One worrying thing is the smoketesting situation in ubuntu-rtm krillin
images, but those might be related to the back-then still missing
developer mode changes - which have now landed. For all the other ones,
Leo from the QA team is on them trying to assess what is wrong and what
can be done to make the situation better.

A small notice from the landing team: from now on the landing team will
double check every landing that is set to 'Not needing QA sign-off' and
making sure that it fits the isolated bugfix criteria. This is to make
sure that no mistakes are made and that we don't pull in anything into
the RTM archive that we wouldn't want to.

We also remind everyone about the QA sign-off trello board that can be
used to track progress on the QA silo signing-off:
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

Have a splendid weekend.

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/239.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/238.commitlog

#34 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/34.commitlog
#33 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/33.commitlog
#32 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/32.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#239 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/239:20140912:20140903.1/10382/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** Sometimes input breaks and only edges are responsive
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1295623
 => Merge requests present
 -> Recent RTM landing seems to fix most of the issues, so the input bug
is no longer randomly reproducible during usage \o/ So issue might
disappear from the list.

** Video and Music scopes should provide non-file:/// based URIs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1340952
 => Merge requests present
 -> Currently a blocker but might be whitelisted in case other blockers
are resolved before this one - mainly because it's not a regression but
a problem in a 'new' feature, so to say.

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** initial account after creation transfers back to the settings app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1367804
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 24/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304
[Time counter 6/7]

** all music-app autopilot tests are failing on RTM image
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1368855

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak