Landing team 15.09.14

Hi everyone,

We wanted to do a promotion today, but in the morning it got to our
attention that one of the previous blockers didn't really get fixed in
the scope we had thought it did. Thankfully a merge just got approved
and prepared for landing that we hope will fix the issue completely. We
are therefore waiting for this landing to pass QA testing and we will
kick a new image, which will be our promotion candidate for tomorrow.
Actually it is migrating to the ubuntu-rtm archive right now.

In case we are unable to promote this image tomorrow morning, we will be
entering TRAINCON-0. In the current case it means that all landings for
the utopic side will sadly also have to pass QA sign-off.

Just be aware that we have decided to whitelist a few issues here and
there, so there are some glitches that you should know about. But we'll
list those tomorrow if all goes well.

A notice on some of our other issues. Throughout the weekend we seemed
to have problems with mako image builds, but now the situation is back
to normal.

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/240.commitlog

#40 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/40.commitlog
#38 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/38.commitlog
#36 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/36.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#240 mako (not complete though)
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/240:20140915:20140903.1/10469/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** Sometimes input breaks and only edges are responsive
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1295623
 => Merge requests present
 -> The last RTM landing did not fix most of the bug use-cases, but
another landing is just in the middle of testing and will be landed
today after passing QA sign-off.

** Video and Music scopes should provide non-file:/// based URIs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1340952
 => Merge requests present
 -> Currently a blocker but might be whitelisted in case other blockers
are resolved before this one - mainly because it's not a regression but
a problem in a 'new' feature, so to say.

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** initial account after creation transfers back to the settings app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1367804
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 25/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304
[Time counter 7/7]

** all autopilot tests are failing on RTM image
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1368855

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak