Landing team 17.09.14

Hi everyone!

We have promoted an utopic image today! Since yesterday's image didn't
reveal any serious issues in mako, we have performed similar tests on
krillin today and decided to promote that image into the utopic (devel)
channel. Enjoy #243!

The list of changes is very similar to the ubuntu-rtm promotion we had
yesterday, so we will skip listing those today. In overall there are
many bugfixes to be found in this release, so we recommend an upgrade.
That being said, we anyway recommend everyone to use the ubuntu-rtm
channels instead as these are our current development focus. These
images are the ones that get the most QA attention.

Also, some people mentioned that they get a bit confused with all the
different channels we are providing for images currently, we have
decided to create a small wiki page that overviews this topic:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels
More announcements will follow.

We will also try to clear out some other confusion, like with the
different image numbers that we're having for different channels and
devices.

There are not too many blockers for next promotion. One thing that we
would like to fix first is our smoketesting situation - it seems that
there are some here and there, probably caused by some of the developer
mode changes, which are causing some tests to not run properly. It is
being investigated currently - more news will follow.

Anyway, after the fixes for the few current blockers land - and after
we'll clear out the test situation, we might be able to look at another
RTM promotion. Let's try to get a steady pace of 2 promotions a week!

Oh, and I would like to use this occasion to thank everyone involved in
making our images high-quality again. If it wasn't for all those brave
upstreams, testers and landers - we wouldn't be able to promote
anything. Big kudos! Keep up the good work!

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/244.commitlog

#45 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/45.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#244 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/244:20140917:20140917/10503/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** Video and Music scopes should provide non-file:/// based URIs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1340952
 => Merge requests present
 -> We might have to look into it more now. At least it seems it's being
worked on!

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304
[Time counter 9/7]

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** initial account after creation transfers back to the settings app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1367804
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 27/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx