GMail notifications and account-polld

Hi,

Ever since GMail notificiations were introduced, they haven't been working well for me on my Nexus 4. I've reinstalled the system quite a few times since then (partly to test whether it would change the working status of the push notifications) but it didn't help. About one and a half months ago, I even sent a mail (well, actually two mails) to the package maintainer of the account-polld package but I never got an answer. Therefore, I decided to look into the problem myself now. When observing log files today, I noticed that it wasn't just one bug which kept notifications from working but multiple ones. I know where the problem lies in the code and I think that I will be able to figure out how to fix it. What I don't know, however, is how to test my changes. How can I compile and test the account-polld package on my Nexus 4? Does it require a writeable image?

Thank you very much in advance. :)

Kind regards,
Niklas

Follow ups