Landing team 22.10.14

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since the last landing team update. As most of you
know many of us are on a sprint in the US, so not always we can find
enough time for the usual update e-mail sadly. Not mentioning my airline
problems on Monday that basically put me completely out of commission
for one day.

So far this week is very productive and very busy. As per management
decision, everyone is working on specific bugs and changes that are
found as critical by our Product Team. This way we can keep focused on
making sure our image quality is improving.
We are also using this week to improve the landing process slightly,
working on the rules for promotion, bug triaging and prioritization.
Near the end of the week we should have a document created that would
summarize our latest decisions.

Also, since we are nearing to the utopic release and the opening of
vivid, in theory we are frozen for this series - please remember that.
Ubuntu-RTM on the other hand is still moving forward.

In the meantime, our smoketesting results really went down the drain.
Please, mind your tests - check the dashboard below and help out in
identifying our problems.
We also want to make sure the situation of ubuntu-rtm for mako will be
much better in the nearest time. More details soon.

You will also notice that the list of issues below is missing. We are
still in the middle of re-prioritizing tasks and we will get a proper
list up later this week. Currently there are no plans of promoting a new
image this week as well - but we set a goal to promote in the next.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/
(listed only most recent, please check above link to see archives)

#296 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/296.commitlog
#295 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/295.commitlog

#121 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/121.commitlog
#120 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/120.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

(horrible results...)

#290 utopic/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/296:20141022:20141017.2/11076/
#103 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/103:20141022:20141017.2/11077/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Issues list not available right now

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak