Re: Various issues release #6 on mako

Hi Ari,

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Ari Börde Kröyer <ari.kroyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I updated to this release OTA from #5 on October 18th. I use my Nexus 4
> every day at work and at home, and have done so for the past month. Below
> are some issues I have encountered. I am posting them here in the hope that
> this may prove helpful, but if I should have done otherwise, please let me
> know!
>
> General comment: Release #5 was more stable.

I agree. With release #6, I am facing some of the issues you listed below
which are annoying during daily usage. But I read in the landing email that
there would be another promotion soon enough to fix the unity8 crashes and
the high cpu usage which results in abrupt battery discharge.

> 1) After upgrade the settings page "about this phone" lists the last
> update as having taken place on 2 January 1970.

I don't see this issue.

> 5) Turning sound up/down seems to work, except for the ring tone and
> notification sound, which seem to work/not work in a fairly random manner,
> despite the sound level apparently being set to maximum.

For me this is a critical issue. On pressing the physical sound buttons, I
notice that the volume icons indicate that the volume is being
increased/decreased as expected. However the alarm and the call volume are
barely audible despite the volume slider set to maximum. I thought perhaps
I messed up the volume while doing some development. But I am glad in a way
that another person can also reproduce it. Can someone let me know which
project to report this bug against?

Cheers,
Nekhelesh