Re: Various issues release #6 on mako

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM, Nekhelesh Ramananthan
<krnekhelesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ari,
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Ari Börde Kröyer <ari.kroyer@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> 5) Turning sound up/down seems to work, except for the ring tone and
>> notification sound, which seem to work/not work in a fairly random manner,
>> despite the sound level apparently being set to maximum.
>
> For me this is a critical issue. On pressing the physical sound buttons, I
> notice that the volume icons indicate that the volume is being
> increased/decreased as expected. However the alarm and the call volume are
> barely audible despite the volume slider set to maximum. I thought perhaps I
> messed up the volume while doing some development. But I am glad in a way
> that another person can also reproduce it. Can someone let me know which
> project to report this bug against?

One thing I noticed with vivid is that there is a race when starting
indicator-sound, which makes it unable to connect with Pulse (and
unable to handle the roles properly). Wonder if this is also what is
causing this bad side effect for you.

Mind pasting your ~/.cache/upstart/indicator-sound.log ?

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo