Re: Problems with review in Click Store

On 11/16/2014 12:16 PM, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-11-16 at 10:20 -0300, Martin Albisetti wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Roman Zonov <roman2861@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I have one problem. I did some updates to my zMusic app. Now it has Online
>>> Accounts support. But, when I upload it to the Store, I receive 3 errors:
>>>
>>> (MANUAL REVIEW) 'account-provider' not allowed
>>>
>>> (MANUAL REVIEW) 'account-qml-plugin' not allowed
>>>
>>> Could not find '<services>' tag
>>>
>>> App works perfect on device (Nexus 5). What I should do to publish app?
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> That means those APIs are reserved for special, manually reviewed
>> cases. That probably means there's a different way you should be
>> accessing accounts (my guess is via the content hub, but I'm not an
>> expert in the SDK). I'm sure someone else on this list can comment on
>> how to fix it.
>
> The Online Accounts way is the way to integrate with Online Accounts.
> However, the support for providing plug-ins to Online Accounts (as is
> done here), via click packages, is still quite new, and I'm not sure the
> click-reviewers-tools are updated to not require manual review of those.
> I'm also not sure from the policy side if we want to automate that, or
> just always require manual review, for new account types.

The review tools are correctly setting this for manual review because adding a
provider/qml-plugin to online extends online accounts in a manner that cannot be
automatically reviewed and because this code runs in a different security
context than the click app.

Are you sure you want to add a new provider and qml-plugin for other apps on the
system to use? If so, that's ok, but this will require a manual review for each
upload. (An alternative would be to work with the online accounts team to try to
make your provider and plugin official).