Re: Call for Testing: Unity8 Full Shell Rotation

W dniu 22.11.2014 o 06:57, Mitchell Reese pisze:
> Anyway, the question I have is about updates - for testing purposes on
> the Nexus 7, should I avoid updating the device when using this ppa?

Yes, you should avoid updating using system images (as usual, if you do
anything with apt, YMMV). But updating and then reinstalling the
packages from PPA would work fine.

> Also, I'm aware this is a testing repository and will change, how long
> will this project be using this ppa?

It will be a while, two weeks at the least I'd say.

> Haven't tried it on my mako device,
> I'm assuming this is for vivid only?

Yes, vivid only right now.

> Is this rotation likely to be
> backported to 14.09?

Not for a few weeks after it landed in vivid.

HTH,
--
Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Ltd.