Re: Webapp questions

On Thu, 2014-12-11 at 09:50 +1100, Mitchell Reese wrote:

>   * Are there any plans to further integrate this with the system?
>       o i.e., When I choose a Youtube or Vimeo video from the scope, I'm
>         directed to the Web-browser. What would be better would be to
>         open that link within a webapp specific to that site. Is this
>         functionality that could be included with the images? I'm
>         imagining something like 'Default Applications' in the System
>         settings, where an application (webapps included) could be
>         marked as the default to handle certain links. This would be a
>         much slicker experience.

Any app (including webapps) can register to be opened for a URL using
the URL Dispatcher. Docs are here:

http://developer.ubuntu.com/apps/platform/guides/url-dispatcher-guide/

You can see an example in the small webapp I did:

https://github.com/ted-gould/nespresso-webapp

We do plan to have a user override for this in settings, currently on
the TODO list. Currently if you install a webapp that handles the URL it
will always handle the URL.

>       o Is there any possibility of coding a different opening for the
>         webapp, so that there is a slicker default transition when the
>         page is loading?

Not entirely what you're asking for, but a start in this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1387245

Ted