Re: Reviews and bug reports

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:04:53 +0000
Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On mer, 2014-12-17 at 18:34 -0500, Robert Schroll wrote:
> > There are a ton of bug tracking systems out there, but lets ignore
> > all of them except Launchpad.  If a user can download an app, they
> > have an Ubuntu One account.  If they have an Ubuntu One account,
> > they have a Launchpad account.  So once a user types in a bug
> > description, we can create a bug on Launchpad in their name.
> > Additional comments to the bug report will go right to their email,
> > so they can be contacted for follow-up information.
>
> See my proposal for the feedback app. If we use a webapp that uses UOA
> to login to launchpad, then the support link for the app can be
> handled by the webapp and open straight to the bug reporting page for
> that app.
>
> I think Launchpad's bug reporting page is simple enough and tries to
> catch duplicates.

That wouldn't work, most commercial vendors won't know anything about
LP won't care about LP and certainly won't use it.  The
homepage/contact url in the app details page should be sufficient plus
you can ultimately help by rating and reviewing any app you install

--
You Make It, I'll Break It!

I Love My Job :)

http://www.canonical.com