Re: Webapp questions

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 5:15 AM, Olivier Tilloy <
olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Mitchell Reese
> <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anyway, having followed the instructions from the guide below, and also
> your
> > app example, it doesn't seem to work. Using the browser still navigates
> > the site I'm trying to get opened in the webapp - all that happens is the
> > page opens in a browser instead. Does this not work within the browser,
> and
> > is only for scopes/other apps? I haven't tested this within anything else
> > yet.
>
> That’s right, the URL dispatching mechanism is not hooked into the
> browser: clicking on a link in a webpage will always open that link in
> the browser. Anything else goes through the URL dispatcher, as far as
> I know (i.e. hyperlinks in apps and in scopes, provided they are not
> being rendered by a WebView).

Yes the browser is not binded (atm) to a given webapp.

But from withing a webapp, after clicking a link:

- if the link has a target="_blank" and is browsing in the allowed "url
range" as the webapp
then it will result on the link being opened in the webapp (not creating a
new window), this behavior will
change a bit with a more conforming behavior,

- if the link has a target="_blank" and is browsing OUTSIDE the allowed
"url range" then
it will be opened externally (and through the URL dispatcher),

- if it is an in-browser url update, then depending on the webapp allowed
"url range" then it will
either be opened in the webapp or outside routing through the url
dispatcher,