Landing team 12.01.15

Hello everyone!

I am now back from holidays and we are therefore resuming our daily
landing e-mails! This year we will try improving the format to make it
more appealing to people just interested in what's landing in our touch
images.

Today not too many landings were happening on both ubuntu-rtm and vivid
fronts. Vivid had a new address-book-app release with a few smaller
changes and a few smaller landings as well - nothing ground breaking.
Everyone is busy with fixes.

We have an ubuntu-rtm milestone coming up this week. The formal deadline
for setting up silos with fixes is Tuesday EOD, but we ask all
developers to submit their changes as soon as possible - otherwise
there's risk that you might miss this weeks deadline. QA has limited
resources and they need enough time to sign them off by Wednesday
mid-day. Which is impossible if there's too many silos submitted right
before end of tomorrow.

In the meantime, we have noticed an autopilot regression in
ubuntu-system-settings tests starting from #186. QA has filled in a bug
and we added it to the promotion blockers for this milestone [1].
Please check the list below as there are some old bugs that need
attention as well.

And a final thing: commitlogs are back online! We had some issues with
the machine during the holidays, but we moved it to a different location
and things should be working once again.

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#63 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/63.commitlog

#191 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/191.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#63 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/63:20150112:20141213/12006/

#160 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/160:20150112:20141119/12007/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** [1] Autopilot tests fail due to system settings not being able to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1409809
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945
 -> No movement? Anyone?

** Manta vivid 39 no music plays either from the scope or from the music
app however it does from grooveshark
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398961
 -> No movement? Anyone?

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak