Re: Heads up: default app namespace format has changed

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Alberto Mardegan
<alberto.mardegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How are you obtaining the developer name? Is it from the login in the store,
> or from the name of the click package?
> I'm just worrying about possible collisions, in case people name the click
> package like it.mardy.apps.<appname>; if you get the developer name from the
> click, you might be getting "apps" for many different users.

Just like they are now, they are chosen by the developer.
Dots are no longer allowed in package or developer names, so it really
is packagename.developername, and once you own developername, noone
else can use it, so you can't get apps for other users.
We do, however, require that that username isn't already claimed in
Launchpad by someone else. It's not enforced in software right now,
but if you abuse it you will likely loose it down the line.

--
Martin