 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Problem Setting Up SDK - Creating Click Package
 To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wednesday, 4 February, 2015, 10:53

 Am 04.02.2015 um 02:21
 schrieb Phil:
 > I'm sure I'm missing something
 obvious, but I've installed (and purged then
 reinstalled) the SDK with a view to creating some apps, but
 I've hit a problem at the simplest level.  I've
 created a simple web app to test which simply loads up the
 Mozilla site, but I can't create a test Click package.
 I have the same problem as this question http://askubuntu.com/questions/548801/ubuntu-sdk-cannot-create-click-package-and-cannot-create-emulator
 - note that the screenshot showing the click package
 creation on there doesn't seem to be quite right.  I
 have what is described, but this is no test tree, and only
 the "Validate existing Click package" is enabled,
 the create and install ones are disabled.
 > Additionally, I did manage to get it
 running one my phone when I connected it via USB, but after
 trying to purge it and removing the .config/QtProject and
 .config/ubuntu-sdk directories I no longer seem to be able
 to do this.

 > Am I
 missing a package or something obvious?

 > Thanks -
 Phil

 Hi Phil,

 first thing to check: Do you
 have the UbuntuSDK ppa enabled? Thats the
 main channel to always get the most recent
 version
 of the SDK:

 sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa
 && sudo apt-get update
 &&
 sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get install
 ubuntu-sdk

 The
 "command failed" message comes probably from the
 fact that the
 click-review tool returns a
 error code because of the warning,
 that does
 not mean that there was no click package created. The click

 package is put always in the builddirectory
 of the active
 buildconfiguration. We are
 about to release a update to the publish tab
 that should not show that anymore.

 If only the "validate
 existing click package" is enabled it means that
 you currently have a Kit selected or project
 loaded that can not
 be used for click
 packaging. You need to use a Ubuntu-SDK Kit (can be
 created in Tools->Options->Ubuntu->
 create chroot or alternatively on
 the
 devices page if you have a device/emulator attached).

 Also if you are on IRC, ping
 me there my nick there is zbenjamin on
 channel #ubuntu-app-devel, #ubuntu-touch,
 #ubuntu-devel (freenode).

 Cheers,

 Benjamin

 --