Re: SDK Tools - creating fat packages

W dniu 09.02.2015 o 16:59, Benjamin Zeller pisze:
> If we are going down that path, the stores responsibilty must be to
> split up the
> fat package and only deliver the parts required for the specific client.

We don't want to touch the packaged app when the user uploads it to the
store. It's signed by the developer and we can't touch it thus.

> Why should a armhf 15.04 device download binaries for i386 14.10 and
> i386 15.04.
> That is a waste of bandwith AND space on the end users device....

I'd say that applies to single-framework fat packages just as well (i386
vs. amd64).

> Also packaging a app like that is really not easy even with UI support.
> I imagine a QtC project with > 10 buildconfigurations is not fun to handle..

I'd say 2 or 10 is probably not that big of a difference, if done right.

--
Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Ltd.