Re: The BQ phone and the Nexus 4

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Niklas Wenzel <nikwen.developer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Niklas

> During the last few days, I've come up with a few questions which I
> haven't found answers to yet:
>
> 1) Some time ago, I read that the Nexus 4 is still going to be supported
> after the launch of the BQ phone.
> Now I'm wondering whether the new set of scopes (Today, Nearby, etc.) will
> be included in the mako images. Has that been decided on yet or is their
> source code available somewhere?

There is no shot term plan to release these but I will try to get some more
information.

> 2) How does the BQ phone's performance compare to the Nexus 4? I saw the
> Youtube video [1] which Szymon Waliczek uploaded some days ago (thank you,
> Szymon) but I found it difficult to judge from it.

I think it depends, the Nexus 4 has more processing power but because the
BQ Aquarius screen has less resolution some UI oriented things are faster.
But the Aquarius has half the memory so applications are "stopped" more
often. Overall the two seem comparable to in responsiveness me but others
may have more specific data.

3) What is going to be the development target in the future? Will the main
> focus be on the Nexus 4 or the BQ phone? Or will it be some phone nobody
> currently knows about?
>
> The Nexus 4, the Nexus 7 for tablet and the emulator will be the reference
targets for the foreseeable future, Of course the commercial products like
the BQ will be supported as they come along.

Cheers
Pat