Re: Content Hub Questions

On jueves 19 de febrero de 2015 18h'27:28 ART, Robert Schroll wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 3:49 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
# LP: #1293771
# Since fd delegation doesn't exist in the form that we need it at this time, # content-hub will create hard links in ~/.cache/@{APP_PKGNAME}/HubIncoming/ # for volatile data. As such, apps should not have write access to anything in # this directory otherwise they would be able to change the source content.
deny @{HOME}/.cache/@{APP_PKGNAME}/HubIncoming/** w,

Does this explain why the move() method doesn't actually work, and has to fall back to a copy? If so, why try to rename the file when we know that it can't possibly work?

I'm guessing from the comment that the cache will be cleaned out occasionally, so I need to copy the content into my silo if I want to be able to access it again later. Is that correct?

Since I can't actually share the file with another app, is there any way to get notified when the original file gets modified or deleted?

Let me repeat some of my original questions that are still relevant:

I might give you half baked answers as I only learned this stuff from osmosis ;-) I'm not really involved in any of this nor as a consumer or developer.

4) Is the argument to move() relative to some directory, or must I use an absolute path? Is there any abbreviation for $HOME? (~ doesn't seem to work.)

Music imports to /home/phablet/Music, you might want to track that down, I guess you are aiming for using ~/Books.

6) Is there anyway to tell that two imports are actually the same original file? Short of running md5sum on them, I mean. The filename in HubIncoming seems to be the same as the original file. Is that guaranteed?

Not really; it's a one time operation.

Maybe I'm being unusually dense, but I'm having trouble understanding how this is supposed to be used for long-term file management, as opposed to a quick send-this-picture-in-an-email usage.

I don't think it's design currently supports creating a permanent bond between two entities.

Cheers
Sergio