Re: Keyboard documentation

On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 23:46 +0200, Nikos wrote:
> I think my keyboard layout is ready but i have two more questions.
>
> a) Is there a way i can test it?

 This can be a little complicated with the keyboard, it's probably
simplest if you just do your best to ensure that the language specific
stuff is correct, and then if there's any problems integrating it with
the OSK I'll fix those myself prior to merging it.

> b) How do i upload the code from my pc to launchpad?

Make sure you've added any new files/directories with "bzr add" and have
run "bzr commit" prior to pushing your changes or they won't get
uploaded.

You can then push your code to launchpad by running:

bzr push lp:~your-username/ubuntu-keyboard/add-greek-layout

Finally, if you go to https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu-keyboard and
find your branch and click "Propose for merging" that'll create a merge
request for me to review.

(Typically the branch won't be merged directly, with the layouts I tend
to create branches with small batches of new layouts as they touch some
of the same bits of code and then this also gives me the chance to fix
any extra little issues that crop up)

Thanks,
Mike.