Re: webapps and automated cache expiration

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Olivier Tilloy
<olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 16:35 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>>
>> after now about 3 months of constant use of my bq phone, i took a deeper
>> look on the weekend at the accumulated cache data:
>>
>> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ du -hcs .local/share
>> 2,0G .local/share
>>
>> Seems really odd that these are in ~/.local/share ? Shouldn't it be ~/.cache
>> ? I don't think we should ever autoexpire anything in ~/.local/share because
>> that's in theory where user data lives.
>
> Yup, that’s https://launchpad.net/bugs/1424726 (just filed it, I
> thought it had been reported already but apparently not).

And fixed with https://code.launchpad.net/~osomon/webbrowser-app/cacheLocation/+merge/250730.

However while testing the fix, I observed that oxide writes the
"Cache" directory to ~/.cache/webbrowser-app/ (good), but it still
writes other directories like "GPUCache" and "Local Storage" to
~/.local/share/webbrowser-app/, which looks suspicious to me. At least
it is consistent with what chromium does on my desktop.

ogra, would you mind verifying that the biggest space consumer on your
device is the "Cache" directory for the browser and all webapps?

Thanks,

 Olivier