Re: Announcing the porting guide 2.0

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 25.02.2015, 10:27 -0500 schrieb Vladislav Evgeniev:
> Hello David,
>
> I read the new Porting Guide, please see my feedback below:
>
>       * When porting to a new device a lot of things might get wrong.
>         It will be great if the Porting Guide has a troubleshooting
>         section, containing some common issues and suggestions.
big +1, but we need to collect these "common issues" first ;)
we should probably create a launcpad project with a direct buglink from
the page where people can file issues they ran into ... from where we
can then collect the most common ones for such a section.

>       * It will be nice if the Porting Guide has information on the
>         abootimg tool, e.g. how to change the command line, passed to
>         the kernel when booting, etc.

sadly abootimg only works for a certain set of devices ... it should
indeed be mentioned but its limitations need to be pointed out too.

ciao
	oli