Re: google sync

W dniu 11.03.2015 o 16:46, Wayne Ward pisze:
> is it possible any way to get a deb submitted and allowed in to the
> ubuntu touch repos
> its not possible to setup any syncs i can see at the moment with google
> drive, it can be accesses but if i could get a sync it could save people
> a load of headache..
> this usefull and has headless option till somebody builds top end
>
> https://support.insynchq.com/howto/categories/basic/questions/Rm62rAdl/how-do-i-control-insync-via-command-line-cli

And what if someone wants ownCloud, or DropBox, or One Sync, or
$your_favourite_cloud?

Sorry, but we can't just add support for all the different services out
there. We'll have to wait until we have the framework for remote storage
in place and then you'll install the one you prefer.

> if this could allow users to sync there home folder it would be amazing :)
> i know i can just apt-get but that breaks OTA
> brings me onto another question if i go RW on my nexus 7 how do i do the
> updates if i cant get OTA do i have to reinstall? because my experience
> with apt-get upgrade just kills my install !!

In general it should not kill your device. Even incremental updates
*might* work, so long as the files that got installed with apt don't get
overwritten, or removed if for some reason you end get a full-image
update instead of an incremental one.

So, YMMV.
--
Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>