Re: google sync

On 11 March 2015 at 15:46, Wayne Ward <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> is it possible any way to get a deb submitted and allowed in to the ubuntu
> touch repos

No, and yes. If it's something which is in (or can be put in) the
archive and is seen as required by the platform then yes, otherwise,
not really.

> if this could allow users to sync there home folder it would be amazing :)
> i know i can just apt-get but that breaks OTA

It doesn't break OTA, but you can lose your changes when you next OTA update.

> brings me onto another question if i go RW on my nexus 7 how do i do the
> updates if i cant get OTA do i have to reinstall? because my experience with
> apt-get upgrade just kills my install !!

Don't apt-get upgrade, we never test that use case on Touch, and don't
guarantee any success with it.

You're better off trying to package your application / library as a
click, but even then it won't be able to run in the background so
right now would be of limited use.

--
Alan Pope
Community Manager