Re: Broken connectivity and wakeup/suspend loop on krillin with RTM

On 03/16/2015 03:51 PM, Thibaut Dedreuil_monet wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:44:30 -0400
Tony Espy <espy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

I am also encountering some regressions in vivid devel-proposed on mako in terms of network connection.

Thanks for the follow-up Thibaut. Sorry to hear you're having networking issues...

1st. 3g connection is not available on startup i need to restart ofono on every boot to enable 3g
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ofono/+bug/1431026

I just added a few comments to your bug, marked it as Incomplete, and assigned it back to you for now... In general, re-starting ofono isn't advised. Also from the logs, it looks like ofono was registered to your operator using hspa/umts, and attached to GPRS, so the fault may lie with network-manager. Please add the requested information to the bug and we can try to figure this out...

2nd When i walk with my phone to work and when i arrive looking at the indicator network it still shows that i am connected to my home wifi.

When this happens, did you check 'nmcli d' to see if WiFi actually was still connected? If so, this is probably a WiFi driver issue. If NM shows WiFi disconnected, then it's probably a bug in indicator-network. Maybe start with an indicator-network bug and we can try to isolate where the problem really lies?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-network/+filebug

3rd I can have up to hundred + WIFI SSID to select from in the network indicator. I suppose those are cached and not deleted when they are not in range anymore. (link to 2nd problem)

Please open an indicator-network bug for this as well.

Regards,
/tony

p.s. feel free to ping me directly on IRC; I'm 'awe' on freenode.