Re: License comments on some of the Ubuntu phone sources

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 8:11 PM, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some of you might have seen today's blog post from Carsten Munk, from the
> Mer project, where he pointed to conflicting comments in the kernel sources
> of the Ubuntu phone for bq devices.
>
> We are working with bq to understand the situation and planning to publish
> the final E4.5 Ubuntu edition sources next week. We are confident that
> these will address any questions raised by the preview source tree.
>
> Thanks to everyone who expressed their concerns and your patience as we
> resolve this.
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Hi all,

As mentioned last week, we have been working with bq to address the
concerns pointed out in the preview sources for the Android kernel part of
Ubuntu for bq devices.

As a result, a new Android kernel source tree has been published for the bq
Aquaris E4.5 [1], including a branch with the corresponding official
sources for the Ubuntu Edition. The labeling errors in the preview sources
have now been addressed.

We’d like to thank bq for having treated this issue with a matter of
urgency, for the work that they are doing as part of the Ubuntu community
and for facilitating the release of the code as open source in advance of
the Ubuntu phone project. We will keep working together to address any
future concerns.

Cheers,
David.

[1] https://github.com/bq/aquaris-E4.5