Re: Themes on the phone

On 25/03/15 18:21, Robert Schroll wrote:

I don't think you'd even need a separate http server for this. You should be able to have the WebView catch requests and insert its own responses. (This is possible with WebKitGTK, though I don't know that these bindings are exposed in Oxide.) These requests could be given their own protocol to avoid accidental conflicts with other services. (ubuntu-theme://default.css, ubuntu-theme://ambiance/icons/back.svg, etc.)

It's an intriguing possibility!

gosh, that would be neat. It could be the way to serve up all the standard stuff for HTML5 apps - both CSS and javascript plus allowing remote things to use it. It could even serve up standard javascript libraries like the Google CDN does, but that might be a bit of scope creep.

Robert