Re: Glibc regression

Hey Ricardo,

Thanks for working on this and finding the root cause! I suppose it's
one of the biggest issues we're currently facing in vivid. We need to
make sure next time we get somehow informed beforehand about big uploads
like glibc so that we can see if there are no regressions, this time it
was a bit late.

Let's wait for the hard beta freeze lock to go down.

W dniu 25.03.2015 o 21:09, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo pisze:
> Hey,
>
> You should probably know already that the latest Vivid images (since
> this monday) has a quite big regression regarding anything that uses
> media-hub (music-app, mediaplayer-app, ringtones, alarms, etc). This
> was caused by a regression introduced by the latest glibc package, and
> you can find more details about that at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gst-plugins-good1.0/+bug/1436162
>
> As we're in beta freeze, we can't yet land the fix and spin a new
> image, so we expect to land the fix around friday/saturday.
>
> For now, if you want to be unblocked when validating/using Vivid, just
> install the glibc packages available in my personal PPA:
> https://launchpad.net/~rsalveti/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/ (I only got glibc
> for Vivid in there, the other packages are for other series).
>
> For the lazy ones:
> (from host) $ phablet-config writable-image
> (from target):
> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:rsalveti/ppa
> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo apt-get update
> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo apt-get install libc-bin libc6 multiarch-support
> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo reboot
>
> Please also subscribe to the bug if you want to be notified about the landing.
>
> Thanks,

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 www.canonical.com