Glibc regression

Hey,

You should probably know already that the latest Vivid images (since
this monday) has a quite big regression regarding anything that uses
media-hub (music-app, mediaplayer-app, ringtones, alarms, etc). This
was caused by a regression introduced by the latest glibc package, and
you can find more details about that at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gst-plugins-good1.0/+bug/1436162

As we're in beta freeze, we can't yet land the fix and spin a new
image, so we expect to land the fix around friday/saturday.

For now, if you want to be unblocked when validating/using Vivid, just
install the glibc packages available in my personal PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~rsalveti/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/ (I only got glibc
for Vivid in there, the other packages are for other series).

For the lazy ones:
(from host) $ phablet-config writable-image
(from target):
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:rsalveti/ppa
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo apt-get update
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo apt-get install libc-bin libc6 multiarch-support
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo reboot

Please also subscribe to the bug if you want to be notified about the landing.

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo

Follow ups