Landing team 26.03.15

Hello everyone,

As already mentioned by an e-mail from Ricardo, we have a fix in glibc
for the recently introduced touch regressions. We have requested QA to
run sanity-tests on the updated libraries and so far everything seems to
be working fine. The new packages are already in -proposed, waiting for
the archives to open once again (which should happen soon).

We still have a lot of other fixes on our TODO list before we can get
vivid stabilized though, this is just one of our recent issues. Once the
landing embargo is lifted, the release team will be able to approve some
of the currently blocked packages (Mir, UITK). Then we need to keep
pushing on quality.

There's also some velocity on the ubuntu-rtm/14.09 branch after we
decided to release another OTA from that channel next week. We'll be
proceeding according to the standard milestone schedule [1] - so be sure
to get you product-team approved fixes in by Tuesday. Today we kicked a
new ubuntu-rtm image, but this mostly includes only new language packs.
For anyone interested: language packs are automatically updated in the
ubuntu-rtm archive on Tuesdays.

Cheers,

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/MilestoneSchedule

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#258 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/258.commitlog

#150 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/150.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#150 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/150:20150326:20150210/12530/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

None.

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** APN editor: default Internet APN is ignored/overwritten
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415495
 => Merge requests present

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** [pulsesink] abort at pthread_mutex_unlock(&m->mutex) == 0' failed at
pulsecore/mutex-posix.c:118, function pa_mutex_unlock() with libc 2.21
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1436162
 -> Fix in -proposed

* Known issues:

** After connection drops, mobile-data takes ~5m to re-connect
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418077

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,