Re: Porting Guide

On lunes 30 de marzo de 2015 07h'02:15 ART, Nkansah Rexford wrote:
My point is about a video tutorial. Even if an hour long, explaining, not the basics ( like download phablet or building an already existing device ) but this time, specifically about porting.

So things like Making the device specific changes, this part to be precise: https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/porting-new-device/#anchor3

The problem is, there is no one true recipe for porting, we would have automated it by now if that were the case; you need to have some knowledge of how the android sources are knit together and what each component does for this to be easy.

The whole porting idea revolves about the device specific changes, so if that could be hammered away, ooh what a breeze it'll be.

It's not that simple, the porting guide is as simple as can be without going into the specifics of each individual android tree.